Did you realize Nikon still currently manufactures 8 manual focus AIS lenses?

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,465Gear list
Like?
Re: Did you realize Nikon still currently manufactures 8 manual focus AIS lenses?
In reply to Chas P, Sep 30, 2012

Hey Chas. I see your point. I guess I didn't understand it. I thought it would need distance info, but I see now you wouldn't. Thanks.

Yeah, I agree with you. I love the 105 f/2.5 AI. I also have a 105 f/2.5 AI-converted that is nice too. Not the Sonnar design.

Because of my diabetic eyes, I'm finding it harder and harder to manually focus, assist or no assist. It's becoming tedious to come how and find out I ruined so many shots even with careful positioning and a tripod. It was that bad in the past. I think I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get a 105 f/2 and retire those wonderful AI lenses, one of which I purchased brand new in the day.

Here's a recent image taken and just messing around with the 105 f/2.5 AI. I love the shot, just don't think I quite nailed the focus as well as I would have liked, but I love the rendition.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow