The reason why brick and mortar stores are dying out

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Senior MemberPosts: 1,315Gear list
Like?
Re: The reason why brick and mortar stores are dying out
In reply to gnewsch, Sep 30, 2012

Sorry to hear about your crappy experience.
I've never experienced anything like that in Adelaide.

In fact I had some problems with some Sandisk cards with my D7000 (turned out to be a firmware problem, but Nikon had not acknowledged it at the time) and my local brick and mortar guys were great.

I demo'd the problems, and they swapped the cards on the spot, no we need to talk to sandisk or whatever.

I was very surprised - and pleased.

Of course I had the problem with the replacement cards too, but I was very happy with the store and their handling.

gnewsch wrote:

At JB Hifi I got my usual Sandisk class 4 16GB for 16$ and could have got a class 10 16GB for 32$, too, still 18$ less than what he offered.

JBs in Rundle Mall in Adelaide had 16GB Sandisk Class 10s for $23 a few weeks ago - I snapped a few up the same day I got my EM5. I wonder is they transposed the 2 and the 3 and meant $32.

The biggest problems I have with brick and mortar stores in Adelaide are range.
That is the biggest problem they can control.

The real biggest problem for brick and mortar stores in Australia is Australian distributors and their mega gouging.

Be glad when the ACCC complete it investigation into tech pricing.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow