Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Dennehy
Contributing MemberPosts: 645Gear list
Like?
Q or X-5
Sep 30, 2012

Hi, been very taken with the Q and it's potential but it seems to me that there is one major flaw once you move into using the K adapter and long lenses and that is the lack of a built in viewfinder or at least the possibility of an add-on Electronic one.

I want a lighter outfit than my K200D and associated long lenses for my long walks, I have found that my Tamron 70-300mm is not long enough to get near wild life, Sea birds mainly and there is no cover or hides. I have tried 2x convertors and am not satisfied with the results and I really don't want the weight of a Sigma 50-500mm or similar so turning a 200mm prime into a 1100mm lens looked quite promising apart from the viewfinder.

The alternative to the Q in that situation seems to be the X-5 with it's electronic viewfinder and 22-580mm lens and I was wondering how good it is at that end of the zoom, I realize that the sensor, although the same size as that in the Q, might not be as good and that the zoom is going to be nowhere as good as a prime.

Any thoughts appreciated
--
CD

Pentax K200D Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow