Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Wise choice?
Sep 30, 2012

After many months, and a lot of rewievs, I finally went to a shop and tried the fuji xpro1. I'm almost convinced: I'm selling my canon gear (5DII and a bunch of L lenses) for the xpro1 and the 18-35-60.

I don't need a slr system for my shooting and when I'm travelling somewhere the weight and size of the equipment is annoying, so it's beginning to sit too often in a drawer collecting dust...what a waste eh?

But before getting rid of my canon (which is for me more than enough regarding performances and IQ) I'd like to receive some comments about a couple of things I'm thinking these days.

The full frame sensor is really good, after all, and with the release of the canon 6d and nikon d600 the price of that technology is going down (around 2000$ Euro)...ok not exactly a bargain, but what if in a few years the full frame will reach 1500 bodies? Won't an expensive aps like the fuji xpro and its lenses become totally obsolete?

Actually in a few years my 5dII will be quite obsolete too. But my lenses will not and they already are ff. Is it worthwhile investing in a expensive and niche system like the fuji (which is also a niche brand)? I can't afford to get the fuji and keep the canon (and it would be a waste of equipment) and of course I can't afford a leice M9...
--

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow