Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StarSarah
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Which macro camera?
Sep 30, 2012

I need help choosing a new camera please...

I will be using the camera mostly for close-up/macro shooting e.g. photos of small things to sell online.

The obvious choice is a DSLR camera with a macro lense but i do not want one of these as firstly, i cannot afford one. And secondly they are too big for me, i wanted something more compact.

Therefore i am only looking at either:

• SLR-style mirrorless

• Rangefinder-style mirrorless

• Large sensor compact

.... and a compact at a push.

I really like the Fujifilm X10 as i love the way it looks. I know i should be looking at functionality first but ill be honest and admit the look and feel of the camera is just as important to me. I like that old-retro style look. Although the Fujifilm boasts it has a 1mm macro, i have tried it and found the macro not to work very well. The Fujifilm x100 was better but it did not have a zoom!!!

I do not want to spend over £400/$650

Can someone please recommend a brilliant retro-style looking camera that delivers brilliant macro shots with a decent zoom and flash.

Thank you so much in advance

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow