Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Horshack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,521
Like?
D800+Tamron 24-70VC full-sized samples
Sep 30, 2012

Here are a bunch of photos I took today with the Tamron 24-70VC on my D800, taken in and around the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas. All were taken hand-held, with the indoor photos using shutter speeds down to 1/13. All were shot raw and processed heavily in LR4, including extensive sharpening. I tried to frame the photos so that there was detailed content across the frame, to help evaluate sharpness (at the expense of some wonky composition :). Almost all photos are @ f/2.8. I've enabled full-size viewing so that you see the 36MP images edge-to-edge. EXIF info is intact. FYI, my copy has a moderate decentering defect, with the right side noticeably less sharp than the left up through f/4.0 - I'll be sending it in to Tamron for adjustment.

http://horshack.smugmug.com/Other/Tamron-24-70-on-D800/25653517_pc7Qv3# !i=2118494378&k=xjpM8Zt

A few select photos from the above gallery:

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow