5D Mark III, Ryder Cup, and Release Signature ??

Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike cooper
Regular MemberPosts: 186
Like?
5D Mark III, Ryder Cup, and Release Signature ??
Sep 30, 2012

Just wanted to share a couple of pictures (I took 400+) during Tuesday's practice round at the Ryder Cup. I have a couple where I actually caught the ball flying off the tee.

The camera was perfect - used single shot as well as servo throughout the day. I have a 100-400 lens and was able to shoot just about anything I wanted to. For most of the tee shots I had the drive set to High Speed multi. I will be posting them to my web site once I get them processed http://www.mhcooperphotography.smugmug.com - come take a look.

I do have a question regarding "Model Release Signatures". If I want to submit a couple of these photos to a magazine would I need a release from the golfers? I assume I would not be able to get it. Or - is it fair game to shoot them and use the pictures as these are people in the "public domain"?

Mike

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow