Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abhijitsarkar
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
D700 AF problem
Sep 30, 2012

First of all, I apologize for posting a D700 question in a forum which does not have the D700 name in it. However, I hope that I am not far off as D800 is the D700 replacement.

That being said, after using the D700 for 3 months and loving it, I discovered a problem with it y'day. The following things need to happen to reproduce this behavior.

1. Lens AF is on.
2. D700 AF is set to back button, not shutter half-press.

3. AF at a particular distance, recompose, and then trip the shutter using the interval timer.

4. The camera changes the focus just as it does if AF is set on shutter half-press. Except, shutter half-press AF is disabled as in step 2.

Anyone else knows about this problem and how to work around it? I am afraid a lot of my good shots have been ruined by this behavior.

-- hide signature --

Abhijit

abhijitsarkar's gear list:abhijitsarkar's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow