Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djrocks66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,095Gear list
Like?
D600 Question
Sep 30, 2012

Hello all, I got the chance to play with the D600 today in Best Buy. Of course they didn't have a lens on it so I asked them to put the 24-85mm on. For some reason the view finder would not focus. Even if I adjusted the diaptor it would not show focus. I was able to take pictures and they were all in focus. Is there some setting in the camera? I guess it is possible for someone to play with the diaptor and break it. It was frustrating as I was excited to use the camera and couldn't believe they actually had one. Anyway my quick feelings on the camera from my 20 mins with it were that it felt good in my hands although it did feel very plastic. That doesn't really bother me though. The camera felt very responsive and the images looked great on the screen when zoomed. The LCD displayed very good and the Live View worked well. I wish I could have seen focus in the view finder as my feeling was that it didn't look like a 100% view finder when looking into it. Could be the new eye piece? I tried out the Canon 7D that I used to own and it's view finder seemed bigger and brighter but then again all I saw was blur in the D600! I hope to get a chance with it again. Over all I think it might be the Full Frame for me.
--

djrocks66's gear list:djrocks66's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow