IR: Panasonic Interview

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Forum ProPosts: 10,021Gear list
Like?
Focus peaking would be excellent to see
In reply to SHood, Sep 29, 2012

SHood wrote:

Looks like there is a good chance we will get focus peaking with a future firmware update.

"At this moment we don't have focus peaking, but 80% or 90% of users are asking for it. If we can successfully negotiate with the engineers, it will be possible. Maybe with a firmware upgrade, we could add this . We understand from the technical division in Japan that the peaking function just depends on software improvements.

Contrast AF finds the peak contrast, so we can use the same process to show focus peaking during manual focus; it wouldn't be too difficult. The reason we couldn't include it in the GH3 was just a matter of available engineering resources. Of course, we have to make priorities, and this is one of our top priorities ."

Thats the one thing I'm really hoping for m4/3. I know a lot of people that can't be bothered with, but those are generally the ones that don't set the colours and contrast up to suit what they take. It really is a fantastic feature that allows MF legacy lenses to work very fast and pretty darn accurately. I think Oly said it didn't work, well thats a lesson they need to learn IMO.

All the best and fingers crossed for it. If it happens, I may be back to m4/3 along side the NEX.

Danny.

Birds and macro. NEX and m4/3

http://www.birdsinaction.com

Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

nzmacro's gear list:nzmacro's gear list
Sony Mavica CD1000 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow