In-camera HDR landscapes from WDW (imgs)

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnNewman
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
Re: In-camera HDR landscapes from WDW (imgs)
In reply to rla1022, Sep 29, 2012

Very nice shots and good examples of in-camera HDR. And you're obviously not just a good photographer but a real gentleman for sharing your techniques with the community.

Could I ask a couple of questions please?

You mention exposing for the highlights on the first exposure. Am I right in thinking that on the Nex 7 the first exposure is the 'normal' one determined by the camera followed by + and - at whatever you've set for the HDR?

How do you judge the correct exposure for the highlights? Taking a shot first or just making a judgement based on what you see in the viewfinder/LCD?

Lastly, bearing mind that most in-camera HDRs are generally quite flat (in my experience), what settings do you use in terms of standard/vivid etc, and do you tweak the jpeg contrast/saturation settings for whichever you use?

Thanks in anticipation of any comments. I've not used the HDR function much but you've inspired me to put some time into learning more about it and trying it out properly.

Regards

John

JohnNewman's gear list:JohnNewman's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow