I had the equipment listed here:
D200
18-70 Nikon
50mm Nikon
55-200 Nikon VR
100mm Tokina Macro
A Set of Extension Tubes
SB600

My 18-70 broke when it fell down the stairs along with my SB600 (The Pain)...
My 50mm was destroyed by my brother in law (The horror)

Now all I had left were the 100mm Tokina Macro which I absolutely adore... and the 55-200VR which I enjoy from time to time........

But I have been so confined I can barely take pictures of my kids indoors and have to step back pretty far for group pictures. I had to rent an 18-200VR & a SB900 for a Sweet 16 which ended up being a horror after returning it to Adorama.

So I ended up trading the 100mm for the 12-24... My decision based strongly on the fact that I have the Kenko tubes and really needed the wider view points. But now with this D200 and it's low light issues i REALLY need my SB600/900!!

Here are some pics I took of recently with my 100mm...

Now I have this 12-24mm Lens and I took two or three test pictures of my kids and took a few pictures on my way home from downtown brooklyn... They look incredibly sharp on my cameras LCD i'll upload them shortly and post some...

When I was taking some test shots and realized Macro and Wide angle are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT REALMS!!!

Anyway, what are your thoughts

-- hide signature --

Camera:
Nikon D200
Lenses:
Nikon 50mm 1.8 (reverse ring for Macro)
Nikon AF 70-300mm
External Flash:
SB-600
Wanted:
New Tripod with a pistol grip

Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow