Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
irportal
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
RX100's new user.
Sep 29, 2012

I did get an RX100 a month ago, like so many people. I upgraded from my P-200 which still looks good and works ok (it will work even better once i remove the lint, thanks to the guide i found here). I have to say that originally I purchased the HX20V (it was a toss up between the Canon SX260, which I thought is a better built camera), but i found the camera so sub par by comparison to my P-200... I could not believe how much of a difference the sensor made. The Canon S100 seemed like the logical next step, but I could not say that i liked it. I still have my misgivings about the RX100 (specifically about the built quality), but the image quality thus far has been spectacular. By the way, what do you guys think of the uploaded pictures?

The old P-200 is still easier to use and can give me great images, and the fact that is has such a large sensor for such a small a very pocketable camera is still something that amazes me, especially considering how many other cameras of the same size give you such inferior images.

In the end, thats what sealed it for me.. image quality, gotta have it, the HX20V just does not have it. And I am guessing that no camera with a 1/2.3 sensor will have it...

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow