ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jacqueline Dessel
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
5DMkII, PocketWizard Plus III, 580EX & 430EX
Sep 29, 2012

Quick question.

I have a 5D Mark II and I want to trigger my 580EX and 430EX, both off camera.

I'm under the impression that if I want something wireless, I can buy 2 PocketWizard Plus III transceivers, put one on my camera, attach one to the 580EX, and then the 580EX will trigger the 430EX without needing a third Plus III.

1 - Do I understand this correctly?

2 - Is there anything about this setup that will cause me to lose any of my flash's features?

Thanks for your help. I searched the forum and the web for this, and I'm sure I've come across the answer but I'm brand new to using flash and I don't understand a lot of the terminology in the info that I've found. I've had products suggested to me to use, but either I haven't really understood what they do, or they are out of my price range. Now that I see the Plus III, that's realistic for me and I'm hoping that's all I need to do for such a simple setup. So I apologize if this has been answered here already, I just need it dummied down for me.

Thanks again for all the help everyone here is always so generous with.

Jackie

Jacqueline Dessel's gear list:Jacqueline Dessel's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow