Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sooch2011
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Some Images From The D600
Sep 29, 2012

Hello, I just wanted to share a couple images from my D600. I came from using the wonderful D7000 (been shooting for little over a year total). The D600 is my first full frame camera and I love it.

I have the Nikon 24-70 2.8, the 85 1.8g, and the 50 1.8g. I shot of these wide open or close to it, I was pretty impressed by the sharpness. I was also impressed by the crops, you can get some nice detail cropping an image and zooming in:)

Since there's no raw support yet, I'm uploading the raws using NX2, converting them to TIFFS and then editing them in LR4. I know this is the best work around until Adobe supports the D600 but I did find that the TIFFS don't have the same white balance control as a raw has, for example when you auto white balance any TIFF it goes crazy and can't get it remotely close to normal or what it should be. I'm finding in my lack of experience manually adjusting the colors. Not a major problem its just a bit harder to get the colors the way you want them:)

P.S. I tried to upload the jpegs and it said they were too large, so I resized them...hope I didnt mess that up!

Sooch2011's gear list:Sooch2011's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow