Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rdardas
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
File number settings on A77
Sep 29, 2012

My wife and I take frequent, long trips during which I may take as many as 7,000 images. It is my practice to carry as many SDHC cards as is necessary to record all images without reformatting. Each days shoot is backed up on a portable drive attached to a small Emachine and the cards are always carried on my person. The beginning number and ending number of the images for the days shoot are also recorded in a notebook so seperate folders for each days shoot can be made upon return from the trip This procedure greatly reduces the chance of loosing any images. It also has its difficulties.

In the past I have not changed the file numbering system at the beginning of the trip, so sometime during the trip the number of combined shots taken by the camera reaches 10,000 and the file numbers are re-indexed to DSC00001, causing difficulty in the notebook notations and usually trouble when I get back home to reassemble shots into daily folders.

What I would like to do at the beginning of the trip is to change the file numbering system from "series" to "reset" so the next time a card is inserted the file numbering is reset to DSC00001, then after taking a few shots change to "series".

My question is: When the next card is inserted will the file numbers established after the reset be continued on the second card or will they again be reindexed to DSC00001?

Thanks,
Dick

rdardas's gear list:rdardas's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow