Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Kenn Threed's attempt of shooting birds away from his feeder
Sep 29, 2012

In one of the the threads in Canon Talk Forum, Kenn posted a link to his blog which has a link to his attempt to shoot birds on a tree or birds away from his backyard feeder.

I salute him for posting these pictures because this indicate the challenge and dilemma of shooting birds out in the wild which proved my point that I am not showcasing the best of HS30 because of limited situation.

More of his shots can be found here....

http://kenn3d.smugmug.com/keyword/bit# !i=2050767371&k=JWCmZg3

I am not sure what camera he had used on those shots because the EXIF was stripped. But those are very far from his usual excellent BOS within backyard shots like these....

So what is the story then?

You will not see the true potential of a superzoom camera unless you use it within your backyard.

I don't have a backyard so I am struggling to get good photos....

These are the closest I have ever come to Kenn's images

Now the question is for Kenn, you have uploaded average photos way below your usual excellent ones and when someone attempts to post bird shots from a new camera, you will scrutinize the detail and say the camera is not good for birding.

Do you still find HS30 not a good birder camera? You will only use it within your backyard 90% of the time so think about it twice.

Disclaimer:

This is not in any way an attempt to dismiss Kenn's work and images. Kenn's BOS shots will always remain the standard in determining superzooms capability for birding.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow