Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
webgeek
Regular MemberPosts: 323
Like?
Hands-On Images of Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
Sep 29, 2012

Here are 15 images that I took using the new Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens coming out this November. Sony Vietnam loaned me this lens for only one day and I was able to only shoot a bit with it. I really like the compact small size as well as the fast zoom. The images are sharp and clear. I liked it so much, I went home and sell my wife Sony NEX-5N & 18-55mm kit lens to buy the new NEX-6 with this kit lens.

Overall, it is a wonderful replacement for the old kit lens for several reasons:

1) It is much smaller and fit better on my NEX-7 as well as in the small Billingham bag

2) The 16-50mm range is much better since I like the 24mm equivalent as I take most of my images at this wide range.

3) The Power Zoom is excellent and surprisingly fast. I never used Power Zoom before and did not think I will like it this much.

4) Silent and takes a small filter thread 40.5mm. Good price together with NEX-6 for $1000

All images were shot with my NEX-7 with various creative effect on camera as well as HDR, Panorama, Tilt-Shift. All worked well and it is Compatible with NEX-7 in case anyone wanted this confirm.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow