LuLa's take on Pentax at Photokina

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ishpuini
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,040Gear list
Like?
Re: correction. no jungle, then what ??!@!
In reply to Tan68, Sep 29, 2012

Tan68 wrote:

Ishpuini wrote:

Fake plastic jungles don't really impress me though...

why a jungle, i wonder? were they wet? i wouldn't think so... a jungle is immediately noticeable as 'not from around here' and 'adventurous' for many of the people that would be visiting the show. easier to make a jungle than a coastal wetland or volcanic plain or glacier. making a.. lunar landing site would just be wrong.

a small soccer field for people to run and play on would be interesting. a whack-a-mole game would be safer and take up less room. the moles would be good for testing focus speed but less useful for testing tracking. the jungle might be dark and that is good for testing higher ISO performance.

i guess a jungle is a good bet... better to be the booth that had something different, though. several jungles lessens the impact and i think i would be bored, too.

Sure, but last times the themes were more varied: beach scenes, doll houses, ... The main purpose is to offer colourful shooting targets. It just struck me that there was much less variance this year.

Wim

-- hide signature --

Belgium, GMT+1

Ishpuini's gear list:Ishpuini's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow