Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rgs_45
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
NEED Help om Olympus OM-D-EM5 + Lens
Sep 29, 2012

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Oly OM-D-EM5 but I don't want the kit lens that comes with the camera.

I'm contemplating of getting the Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 SWD + MMF-2/MMF-3 Lens Adapters + the body only. I don't have much experience with Oly…in fact this will be my 1st Olympus camera. I want to know how what are some of the drawbacks of using a lens that is not designed for a cam, meaning using an adapter between the lens and the body.

I have seen the performance of the Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 SWD on a E-30 body and the focus is VERY QUICK. I know the lens is very capable of excellent IQ and very sharp pictures. What I’m concern about is the focus capability. Will it be as quick and fast on the OMD-EM5 body as on the E Series? If they are, I will save some $$ to get some other E Series lenses for the EM-5. Also, any advice, suggestions, recommendations is greatly appreciated.

BTW…the system will be used as a daily carry camera. So anything goes as far as photo opportunities.

rgs_45's gear list:rgs_45's gear list
Nikon 1 AW1
Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow