ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OQO
OQO
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
New D800 have set datetime prompt?
Sep 29, 2012

I placed an order at B&H in April for a D800, and received it recently and found it had serious left AF issue. I returned it and got a replacement with the same issue. For both copies I didn't notice the prompt to set date and time. The first picture I took has EXIF showing the "date/time original" to be Jan 27, 2012, with a wrong time of the day. The actual time should be in September. Both D800 copies have serial# 3041xxx. I saw some open box photos online showing there is a manufacture date label on the inside of the box, but I didn't see that on mine.

I always trusted B&H before but my question is, is there a chance these two cameras are returned ones? Is there always a prompt to set datetime for the first use of the camera? I am frustrated because people say about 10% - 40% D800s may be defective but to me, that chance is 100%.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow