New D800 have set datetime prompt?

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OQO New Member • Posts: 8
New D800 have set datetime prompt?

I placed an order at B&H in April for a D800, and received it recently and found it had serious left AF issue. I returned it and got a replacement with the same issue. For both copies I didn't notice the prompt to set date and time. The first picture I took has EXIF showing the "date/time original" to be Jan 27, 2012, with a wrong time of the day. The actual time should be in September. Both D800 copies have serial# 3041xxx. I saw some open box photos online showing there is a manufacture date label on the inside of the box, but I didn't see that on mine.

I always trusted B&H before but my question is, is there a chance these two cameras are returned ones? Is there always a prompt to set datetime for the first use of the camera? I am frustrated because people say about 10% - 40% D800s may be defective but to me, that chance is 100%.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
OQO
OQO
OQO
OQO
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow