I was curious about print size...Oops!

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
David J Barber
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, but...
In reply to Phil Rose, Sep 29, 2012

Phil Rose wrote:

I wonder... was your post offered as....

Phil, it was offered as nothing more than my delight that my humble and very amateur prints could be printed so large and still look very good to me, and to all who looked at them. Why must people read more into a man's simple child-like delight at seeing his prints work so large and sharing it?

I don't want this to be a pixel-peeping exercise, although I will post a couple of close-ups for Danielvr further up the thread.

If I'm delighted with the results, I hope more people will print a few of their favourites to a decent wall-picture size.

These larger prints are entirely impractical and as my boss offered me the opportunity when I mentioned it, I grabbed the chance as a purely academic exercise. These largest prints will almost certainly be diposed of as they are far too big to be useful. However, my boss has kindly offered to reprint for some of the staff who want the boat and pier pictures for their apartments; albeit a more managable 90cm on the long length.

Please don't read this as a "My camera is better" post. This post could have been in "Open Talk", but I was worried people would think of ulterior motives as I'm an Olympus shooter. I had hoped I'd be safe from this in the Oly forum, as here it surely can only be a post about not being afraid to print bigger if you want to.

Regards,

David.
--
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

David J Barber's gear list:David J Barber's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow