Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: XPro1 or XE1
In reply to Strat, Sep 28, 2012

Strat wrote:

Hi,

In our house we first had the x100 and I really loved it. I thought I would use the OVF but I almost entirely used the EVF.

I then got an Xpro1 and agin tried to get myself into the habit of using the OVF but again reverted to the EVF. I think for me, I just prefer the EVF and am more confident about focus etc.

But what I missed when out with the xpro1 was the ability to pop a little bit of fill flash into the scene when required and the x100 did this so very well. In fact, I don't know any other camera that balances fill flash to ambient so well - for me at least.

So, for me, I am seriously considering selling the pro1 and getting the Xe1 as I only tend to use the EVF and it is supposed to be a far better unit than Xpro, and it has the modest but great when you need it built in flash and I do like the slightly smaller form factor - the x100 was a perfect size for me - for handling the camera and also for ensuring that it goes everywhere with you.

Good luck with your decision.
--
David

That's a great point and a big strike against the X Pro 1. Instant, on-the-fly fill flash is not at all uncommon so having that easily available is a HUGE plus for the X-E1. A shame you cant have both the OVF and fill flash aside from the X100.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow