Which One of these Bridge Cameras Would You Take or You Think is the BEST?

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nalajr
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Which One of these Bridge Cameras Would You Take or You Think is the BEST?
Sep 28, 2012

Hey all,

I am wanting to get back into photography. Been out of it for 15+ years.

I think the best setup for me are the Bridge type cameras. They offer the best set of features and flexibility for the least amount of up front cost. They are light and can be taken virtually everywhere you go and allow you to take pics anytime you see something you want to preserve. Sure I'd love to have a full frame DSLR, but I am not knowledgeable to utilize one right now, and I can't afford one.

That being said, the 3 choices I have narrowed it down to are the Nikon P510, the Panasonic FZ200 and the new Canon 50X zoom.

Would you mind giving me some thoughts on these cameras and what you like and don't like about them? I have read a lot of stuff about them, well except for the Canon, and sometimes I get lost in the technical talk that you all use. I am not very tuned into the terminology to follow very much of what is being said. I need to learn more so I can know what I am reading and what it means. All that will come in time, I hope.

Which one of those 3 cameras would you take and use every day if you were given the choice and the camera was free? Would you mind telling why?

Thank you all for your time and any help or advice you care to give.

BD

Nikon Coolpix P510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow