No Detachable Lens Cameras at F1 Race in Austin

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
BrianHalcYoN
Regular MemberPosts: 477Gear list
Like?
Re: It certainly makes sense.
In reply to DenWil, Sep 28, 2012

DenWil wrote:

They have a product and a brand and they are protecting their interests.

There are a variety of high quality fixed lens cameras available from the 24 x 36 sensor RX1 to the Fuji 670 film cameras that will more than suffice for snaps for personal non commercial usage.

I would grant that they need to protect their interests, but a detachable lens is a very common feature on cameras being marketed and sold. I don't have a camera with out a detachable lens. And while I doubt they could identify my J1 as having a detachable lens, I would much prefer to shoot with my D300s and 70-200. And it certainly isn't an F1 requirement as every broadcast shows countless DSLRs in the crowds.

I believe the detachable lens ban to be a misguided addition by someone that merged two camera policies, one for a racetrack and another for a music venue. You know of any 10" long point and shoots? Kind of redundant, don't you think?
--
Taking pictures of what I want to...
http://www.photobriangray.com/

BrianHalcYoN's gear list:BrianHalcYoN's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow