Nikon will loose dx buyers to micro fourthirds in a big way!

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
arrakis99
Regular MemberPosts: 275
Like?
Re: I've jumped to m4/3 and I'm not alone
In reply to Bailey151, Sep 28, 2012

Bailey151 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Pretty small group compared to the numbers moving the other direction. M4/3 sales seem to be dropping vs increasing in market share.

Not certain I'd agree, everything I've seen points the other way.......but....I think it would depend on the stratification. In general terms a m4/3 isn't a direct competitor to the D7000 type DSLRs, in it's current iteration it's more m4/3 vs D3xxx (or even D5xxx). These are the "cheap & cheerful" line of DSLRs - pretty easily replaced by m4/3 at this point. At this point I don't think they're competing with enthusiast cameras.......yet. I do think the Oly is a warning shot & mirrorless will be the future.

Not the poster but I'll answer the sensor size question - APS-C, Full frame, M4/3, 1"..... I just don't care, all I care about is the final result meeting my needs.

This is the point ! I agree !

Wager I'm typical of the converging market (m4/3 & DSLR) - just want small, light, fast, and good image quality.

-- hide signature --

Giulio Acerbi
Cameras: Olympus OM-D EM5 - Fujifilm X100 - Fujifilm X10
Prime lenses: Olympus 45mm f/1.8 - Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
Zoom lenses: Olympus 12-50

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow