Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joel avery
Senior MemberPosts: 1,684Gear list
Like?
Has it been tested yet? a99 v. a77 v. a850 buffer
Sep 28, 2012

Not a dead horse. Not looking for theoretics. A few have had the instrument in their hands now.

Has there been a flat out test of how many a99 RAW images can be taken in succession before the camera stops shooting?
Is it any better or worse than the a77?

It was one of the few major issues I've noted between the a77 and the a850. I've never run out of buffer on the a850 in any of my shooting scenarios. But it is a significant hangup with the a77. Was hoping that the a99 would do better but the raw spec's aren't quite definitive.

I commonly shoot panoramas, often large ones and waiting for the buffer to clear means taking longer to shoot panoramas and bigger issues because of that extra time.

Not trying to start anything here - just trying to get some info so I can make the best buying decision possible.

Thanks in advance.

joel avery's gear list:joel avery's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A350 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 +6 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow