Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Klipsen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,078Gear list
Like?
Phottix Odin: A-
Sep 28, 2012

Yesterday, I received the Phottix Odin that I ordered less than a week ago from Hong Kong. It works extremely well with both my A900 and my NEX-7, and with both my two Sony and single Metz 58. I haven't tested range, but others have, and they confirm that it exceeds 100 metres, which is a good deal more than I will need.

Its user interface is pretty straightforward, and ratio control is more refined than with the flash system.

One 'quirk' is the manual zoom setting. Lens controlled zoom setting works perfectly. The Sony flashes go from 70 mm to 105 mm in a single step, whereas the Metz has an additional stop at 85 mm. The quirk is, that to manually set the flash reflector to its maximum (105 mm for both models), you need to enter the value of 135 mm on the control unit, so, when increasing the focal length, on the Sony flash nothing happens between 70 mm and 135 mm, on the Metz between 85 mm and 135 mm. When decreasing the set focal length, the Sony goes directly from 105 mm to 70 mm and the Metz to 85 mm when the setting changes from 135 mm to 105 mm. That calls for a firmware upgrade with user defined maximum focal length.
--
Ceterum censeo soleam calidam ISO esse delendam.

Klipsen's gear list:Klipsen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow