How little camera sensors have changed in 5 years

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
halai
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?
Re: How little camera sensors have changed in 5 years
In reply to showmetheprime, Sep 28, 2012

No, but you can use it to defense yourself if someone wants still your camera.

showmetheprime wrote:
+100 unless you want it for a war zone

RP McMurphy wrote:
Better IQ

The quality of the body does not show up in photographs

DRode wrote:

I've seen many, many shots comparing the D600 to the D700, D800 and D3s. I've seen up sampled and down sampled comparisons and I cannot find a single instance where I thought the D700 noise handling was better than the D600. The D800 as as good or better than the D600 in every instance.

My intention was to buy a D700 this winter because it's such a good body especially for low-light work. For a little more than the cost of a used D700, I can have a new D600 with better noise handling, much higher dynamic range and better edge acuity.

The D700 is a really good body but the D600, based on the samples I've seen, is capable of greater IQ despite the cheaper build.

It's a tough call for me. A better overall body versus better IQ.

-- hide signature --

-Dan Rode
http://rodephoto.com

Art is not real. Art is an artifice, an invention, the product of the imagination and the creativity of the artist. In short, expecting art to faithfully duplicate reality is a misconception, a misunderstanding of the very purpose of art. - Alain Briot

halai's gear list:halai's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon Df
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow