Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Signalz1123
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
FUJI EX-1 or M43?
Sep 28, 2012

I'm a long-time enthusiast who purchased the x10 last spring as an alternative to lugging my DSLR around, and have liked it so much I sold my ancient Nikon D70 body and lenses. Although I've gotten some great images with the x10, it's limitations have made realize I miss interchangeable lenses.

I shoot a lot of my kids, but also like to shoot wildlife and events (plays, sports, concerts), where you need telephoto capability to get close to the subject and cant use your feet.

I love the fast fuji lenses, great low light performance, build quality, color rendition and the old-school external controls which saves some menu fiddling, which I hate. So I was about to pull the trigger on pre ordering the Fuji XE1, until I looked at the Oly OMD crops (Vermouth bottle). The resolution seems to equal and possibly best the X-1Pro at lower ISO ranges, which is astounding given the much smaller sensor size. Also the OMD (m43) lens choices are astounding, where the fuji x mount choices are very limited, and I will have to wait for the 55-200 to come out, which will likely be very expensive and will still not get me as close as I would like for some nature situations.

So now I'm thinking either get the OMD and learn to live with slower lenses and more menu fiddling, or possibly get 2 new Fuji cameras -- an x100 and and xs1 for telephoto work, which would actually be cheaper than an EX1 and it's lenses since the prices have come down on both.

Any and all opinions are welcome!

Much thanks,

Britt

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D70 Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow