Oly E-PL2 owners, past and present, please report.

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
andreipaul82
Forum MemberPosts: 77Gear list
Like?
Re: Wish the E-M5 had the same grip
In reply to dcassat, Sep 28, 2012

I am a happy PL2 owner since june 2012 or so (coming from P&S). Needless to say that I totally agree with what's already been said about IQ in low light (iso 800 is usable, 1600 is barely so), ergonomics and build quality (I like how the camera balances in my hand, i like the grip, I got used to the wheel and the SCP menu). Another small problem that hasn't been mentioned is the "red dots" problem (when composing with direct light sources). I had a couple of shots ruined because of this unwanted effect.

Maybe it's a good advice to wait for the new PL5, it depends on how cheap you can get the PL2 now, if it's a deal for the camera combined with some lenses and the price is right... then by all means go get it, many of us here are quite happy with it

Paul

PS: though 40-150 is a good lens, I'd buy a prime first, maybe the 20/1.7 or the 45/1.8 for low light shots.

andreipaul82's gear list:andreipaul82's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow