TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,534
Like?
Apparently...
In reply to Ma55l, Sep 28, 2012

Ma55l wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

aardvark7 wrote:

How, exactly, would you measure the light intensity of a scene after the fact??

You simply can't measure the light intensity that existed at the time of the shot from an image. They may appear to be approximately the same, but that, unfortunately, means absolutely nothing.

Light intensity doesn't have to be relevant if the physical exposures make up for the ifference. But it's still completely meaningless unless:

• we knew the temperature of the light source was the same

• real amplification would be the same after metering (see differences in ISO ratings, DRO, etc.)

• processing was the same (NR, sharpening, DRO and contrast curves affecting noise etc.)

With so much to consider at everything that you do, it is truly amazing that you can put your pants on in the morning in less than 4 hours. You are full of it. That is as good a comparison as anyone can get right now. If you have a better one, stop bellyaching and show us - if not just shut up and leave this forum to people that are trying to see the differences in cameras with what we have at this moment. In the meantime that comparison stands and shows less significantly more noise for the A99. Stop bellyaching as you always do.

Apparently you have a problem accepting reasoned criticism directed at your unsubstantiated comparisons. Then again, we already knew that from your last troll threads. The real problem though is that you fail to understand that the criticism doesn't imply anyone can do better at this point, but that any comparison with the material at hand is meaningless, including yours. Or then again, maybe you do understand and simply go for the effect, as you also admitted in your last threads.

You know that Nikons always have less noise than the Sony's.

My A500 has no more noise than a D300S, the A580 has no more noise than the D7000/D5100 (same for NEX cameras using that sensor) etc.

Another general claim that fails to hit target. The 0.33 to 0.5 EV difference for SLT's due to the beamsplitter is well understood and no news whatsoever. 2 stops would be...

I have a great idea - why don't you scour the internet and find some comparisons and take the time to carefully process them as I do and show us all that you can do something constructive, you twerp. That is if you can do that in less than 4 weeks with all your considerations as by that time, Imaging-resources- will have the lab images and we can check those and see how correct I am.

Do stand by your 2 stops claim so you can earmark the quality of your input one more time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow