iPhone replaces current pocket camera ?

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hulamike
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810
Like?
Re: Wow! 1060?
In reply to Anada, Sep 28, 2012

There's more to photography than resolution. In fact, that's probably why I love shooting square format B&W on my iPhone. Super smooth would be a way to describe the results. Smooth and relatively clean B&W that rivals the better parts of traditional film. By 'relatively clean' I mean that even in low light shots the noise looks more like film grain than digital noise. There's a tone and dimensionality using the 6x6 app that's hard to describe technically. It's a visceral thing you feel as much as see.

I think of my iPhone as a camera bag, one that holds all my favorite cameras (apps). I'm not married to what Steve Jobs thought was a good camera app in 2006. That's the beauty of iPhone really. The tens of thousands of choices available for experimentation. Hopefully you have some good choices for your Nokia. It really is all about apps on a fixed aperture cellphone camera. That and add on lenses but don't get me started on that!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow