Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ma55l
Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Re: A change of heart???
In reply to Ralf B, Sep 28, 2012

You are very observant and well read. Congratulations!

The A99 images are better than the A77 without a doubt. That was from the first batch of a99 images I looked at - the first set. I was pleased. It was like a breath of fresh air from Sony.

Then I compared with the D600 images and knew that there was no comparison. A full frame sensor will always yield better quality than an APS sensor - so the A77 - A99 comparison was tilted to the A99 . But not the D600 images.

Yet I am not 100% convinced, and a $700 difference is not to be laughed at when there is no benefit. I need the actual lab generate images from this site and imaging resources sites to get it on the money. After I looked at the images from IR site with the night street images series (there are three of them and each is excellent), I knew the A99 seemed behind by full two stops.

My concern is that noise and resolution are paramount at high iso to me. I can do without movies. I can do without panoramics, I can do without limiting focus zones, but i can't do with poor focus, no inboard flash, noise and decreased focusing accuracy. In looking at several hundred a99 photos carefully over the past week or two I do not see tack sharp focus with the a99 - except in the one image that was shown on that prior post and then that was off center. And I see noise.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow