Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Judy Stone
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Concerned on D800 purchase
Sep 28, 2012

Hi all, I'll be purchasing the D800 in the US but I'll be staying for a few days and won't have time to return it for an exchange. Given the numerous reviewers in various forums reporting the AF issue, and following Hogan's recommendation:

"If you buy a new D800, look for any evidence the box has been opened and the camera been used in any way (i.e. might be a returned unit). If you don't get the prompt for setting the date and time, for example, there's a chance that the camera has been returned and you need to ask some tough questions of your source."

What is the most reliable online store to purchase the D800 and not end up purchasing a returned unit? Amazon, B&H, Adorama...? Thanks.

Judy Stone's gear list:Judy Stone's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow