Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ma55l
Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Re: Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison
In reply to chrisfromalaska, Sep 28, 2012

chrisfromalaska wrote:

Awesome comparison, I'm now canceling my A99 order after seeing images from the A77. sarcasm

This is the worst attempt at a 'comparison' I've ever seen. So you've achieved something. I guess. What exactly that is, I don't really know.

You missed the point and you should keep your eyes opened. This is not about the A77. It concerns itself with the A99 and the images that are out there which are looking at high iso noise from similar sensors. The original post mentions that this is not about the A77

And I don't think you should consider cancelling the A99 order (not sarcasm) as there are many great things that the A99 does that other cameras do not do (antishake, panoramas, video at 60 FPS, dual phase focusing and general ease of use especially one handed - just to mention a few). The Nikon system is a PIA. We don't know yet what the real differences will amount to. Perhaps you don't need iso 6400 or 25800. A two stop difference, if that is what the final ratings shows, is not a problem for most people as a good iso 1600 is very good indeed and will handle all but the most exacting requirements of photogs.

I am just trying to evaluate if Sony has really got its act together in regard to noise. They always seem to be 2 stops behind Nikon with the same sensors produced by Sony. I wonder why?

But we will have more images to compare at the good sites (like this one) in a month or so and we can then form our own conclusions and see the precise realities.

As a note, in looking at several hundred different A99 images so far it seems that it does not focus that accurately. I don't see tack sharp images? Perhaps the microadjust function was not aligned? Perhaps the lens was off. Perhaps it is just that the sensor is so large? I wonder if others have seen that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow