Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sansbury
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Any choice besides Epson 3880?
Sep 28, 2012

I have room and $ for the 3880. My understanding is that when you factor in that it comes with a full load of ink, the price difference vs. the R3000 is small. And it seems to have a much better reputation for resisting clogs. I would occasionally print larger than 13x19 given the capability, but I could probably live without it.

The guy at the photo shop suggested I at least consider the Pixma Pro-1 because I like doing B+W and he said that's where it excels. Also said that they seem to be pretty near flawless in terms of never clogging, even after long periods unattended. But he said to read the review here and note that it has some catches. It's close in price to the 3880 and prints smaller, but big enough for 95% of what I'd do.

Is there anyone else out there, or does Epson pretty much own the market at this point?

Any refugees from the days of silver have an opinion on how these two beasts compare in B+W? Does the Epson make a nice B+W print and the Canon does even better, or are the Epson prints lacking?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow