Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vander
Senior MemberPosts: 2,183
Like?
The 4 Stages of a child photo session.
Sep 28, 2012

This is my first attempt at "studio" lighting using a speedlight in a 20" softbox and a bare speedlight directly behind the child 2 stops brighter against a wall, about 5 feet from the chair. I normally shoot with natural lighting but I'm having fun with this.

There are some things I picked up that I would do differently but overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out, all within 2 minutes. LOL

I used a new 20" Firefly octo-beauty-softbox powered by a 430 EX ii flash at 1/16th power, wide angle setting, triggered by Cactus v5 remotes on a Canon 5d mkii. Used the 70-200 f2.8 IS ii lens at 70mm.

Softbox was camera right about 45 degrees up from subject and 45 degrees from camera. Standard easy placement about 2.5 feet from model.

And the speedlight behind the model was at 1/4 power against a yellow tinted wall.

And all I said to her is I want to test a couple more shots and this is what happened.

-- hide signature --

Check out my photo galleries !!

http://www.vandervalk.ca

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow