Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adjuster
Contributing MemberPosts: 899Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't agree
In reply to Docno, Sep 28, 2012

Docno wrote:

Walt Bilofsky wrote:

Accidental power-on is a widespread complaint with the RX100, due to three poor design choices.

First, the Playback button is higher than the adjacent case, so it can be pressed by pushing against any firm smooth surface. It should have been recessed, like the On/Off button.

The rear dial is higher than the playback button. This means that if an object (in a briefcase etc) is going to activate the button, it has to have a pretty small surface area, press against the camera in just the right place, and with significant pressure. The weight of the camera, for example, will not do it. And keeping the camera in your pocket will not do it....

Well, in fact I have had this problem three times in two weeks. I keep the camera in a soft pouch in my front jeans pocket. You can argue all you want that it should not happen, but it does. And I am extremely upset after having spent a small fortune on this camera to find it is not reliable. I will try and get a hard pouch tomorrow, but am off on a long trip and really wanted to have this camera work during that time.

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow