Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikenoble
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
D800 at Mutt Strutt photo booth
Sep 28, 2012

Last weekend our local humane association held a Mutt Strutt fund raiser and I set up a photo booth at the end to photograph the walkers and their dogs as they finished. They had me in a tent and I set up a backdrop and used three strobes, one in a softbox, one bare on the background and one hotshoe flash superclamped to the background stand and used for rim light. You can setup lights in a studio and be right on but when you set them up and have different people and dogs parading in can make things tough. Lighting a white dog and then a black dog presents a challenge and I'd adjust the aperture but not always hit the perfect exposure. The D800 is very forgiving in that respect and maintains detail even when I've screwed it up big time. I used my 50mm AFD f/1.4 with a White Lightning 1600, an Alien Bee B800, and an SB-800 for lighting. Here are a few from it. Thanks for viewing.
Mike

mikenoble's gear list:mikenoble's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +7 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow