Sigma 30mm - Keep it or not

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
LouMeluso
Regular MemberPosts: 201Gear list
Like?
Re: Using and returning is unethical
In reply to chironNYC, Sep 28, 2012

"It is one thing to return a product that you have not used because because you decide you don't want it. It is quite an other thing to use it extensively to take a lot of pictures--and thus turn it into a used lens--and then return it pretending to the dealer that it is still new. If you return it, you should get back about 70% of what you bought it for.

You stick other people with a product that you have deceived them into thinking is new"

What?! How do I know I don't want it if I don't try it out? Reading a review is one thing, putting the lens on MY camera and shooting MY subjects is something else. Especially if I am a novice without a lot of experience. On what planet do people return anything and "pretend" it's new? No one is "deceived". Nobody gets "stuck" with anything. At worst, some lucky buyer gets a good deal on an open box item. Returning products you don't like is a NORMAL part of doing business and any losses incurred have already been calculated by the manufacturer.

Keep the 30mm, it's a terrific optic.

LouMeluso's gear list:LouMeluso's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow