What's up between my D7000 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michel F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,778
Like?
Re: What's up between my D7000 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4?
In reply to railpressureflip, Sep 28, 2012

I'd start by trying it out on another camera body. Did you try another lens on your D7000 ? Also, I'd try other apertures to see if it happens only when shooting wide open.

I have a Sigma 30mm and love it to death. I'd sell most of my lenses before this one.

railpressureflip wrote:

I've had my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for a long time now. I took this picture just the other day with this lens and even though I've always had problems with shooting on 1.4, this turned out to be averagely okay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleak_deliverances/8023399297/in/photostream

But today I was randomly just testing it out again in my room and the lens completely shat itself, almost literally. It doesn't focus close objects (It did before), and when it clicks, it gives me a very bloomy result. Like a forced bloom effect has been applied to it. I have no idea why it has started doing that, out of the blue, too. I did have a LOT of problems when I bought it; focusing and sharpness issues mostly. I think I had adjusted the AF-fine tuning in the camera. I'm not sure but it may have fixed some problems in this lens. But now I have no idea because I tried changing the af-fine tuning and it doesn't make a difference whatsoever. Is my lens pretty much dead? What can I do?

This is getting really frustrating, I have a photoshoot coming up soon and I need this lens for it!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow