Confessions of a Former Gear-Head (in training)

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drv320
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Confessions of a Former Gear-Head (in training)
Sep 28, 2012

Want to hear something screwy?

I bought an X-Pro1 BECAUSE of its quirks. I wanted to slow down, to enjoy photography again.

For years I was lured by the newest, fastest, coolest whatever. I forgot what it was to be a photographer. I was a tech junkie (Nikon, Sony, Olympus - all the latest and greatest stuff) with more money than brains I suppose.

I admit...I was enamored with the X100 and then the X-Pro1, but not because of their spec sheets...it was because of the images they were capable of producing. The retro looks of the X-Pro1 (and the X100) suit me just fine and the IQ is drool-worthy. I'll keep my Nikon DSLR for sports and stuff, but I think I've found my home in Fuji cameras.

Gear is great, but if it sits on a shelf because you never connect with it, then it's no better than an entry-level P&S. The X-Pro1 is not right for everyone, but then again, no camera is.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow