Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SamNC
Regular MemberPosts: 218
Like?
will D600 be a good camera for me
Sep 27, 2012

I shoot just about anything from: my travels to third world countries, my six year old son playing sports, landscapes, and a smattering of other things...pretty much anything but macro.

I have a D7000 with lenses that pair up with that camera: the kit lens, 35 DX, 85 f/1.8D, 80-200 f/2.8, tokina 11-16. I am happy with the camera.

What will the real benefits of a FX camera be? Obviously, a bigger sensor is nice, but if I don't shoot above ISO 1600 much, what use will the bigger sensor have? The large viewfinder will be a nice addition as well, but I am not overly enthusaistic about getting a new camera merely for that.

The other reason I would like the FX would be to get the 14-24 f/2.8....I have a strong desire to get this lens, as I love my 11-16 f/2.8 but I really want the 14-24.

So, what do you think...what benefits will the FX give me than DX? FWIW, I strongly feel that DX is a dying pro system. Soccer moms and casual photographers who want top quality with some size, but at a low cost will get the D3200s and other things of the sort...I think DX will be squeezed on top by FX, and by mirrorless on the bottom.

Nikon D3200 Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow