Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
meow
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
FZ200 vs LX7
Sep 27, 2012

I know, they are totally different cameras and I'm not choosing between them. The recent thread "LX7" made me dare to ask this maybe stupid questions. Almost every time I see someone post LX7 pictures I'm stunned by the detail in them and the, dare I say, pizzazz. When I look at FZ200 pictures after recently having seen LX7 pictures I sometimes feel they miss something - to my great dismay since I'm planning to buy a FZ200.

Is the IQ of LX7 really that much better or is it PP? If yes, why is it better? I was thinking the LX7 had a larger sensor but as far as I understand it doesn't. So what makes it so good? Is the lens so much better? Other kind of processing in the camera?

If only the LX7 had a viewfinder I'd want one so bad. But after having lived with and hated a Canon G5 for many years I'll never ever again buy a camera where I'm limited to the LCD. Just can't learn to like it. It's good in certain situations, especially the tilting type, but it makes it so much harder both to hold the camera steady and to catch the moment, having to move your eye between the object and the screen.

I'm not very technically savvy when it comes to digital cameras, so please bear with my and my stupid questions. I can't figure it out myself.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow