D600 has dull pictures ?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris2J
Regular MemberPosts: 289Gear list
Like?
Re: Hello Izt
In reply to iztabsh2, Sep 27, 2012

As another "older" photographer (what does that mean - everything in life is realtive...), I believe we should understand that the photo that you refer to was not about vividness at all. I think it reflects a lack of professionalism/perfectionism. In fact I did not see much that is negative about the camera. The question is: what do you currently use, and how does it compare?

If you do not shoot in RAW, it just means that you have to set the camera to your own JPEG preferences to get the look that you want. However, if you are serious enough about the outcome of your photo shooting, dare to shoot RAW. I learn a lot from spending time with my photos in Photoshop, and RAW processing really opens up the possibillities - even after the shoot. It's like having your own, professional dark room.

Chris J

Chris2J's gear list:Chris2J's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow