Nex-7 firmware......

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,826Gear list
Like?
Re: whats wrong or lacking in the current firmware?
In reply to mike geier, Sep 27, 2012

mike geier wrote:

the only real problem I have encountered is the movie button being hit by accident, and I corrected that myself a few months ago with a gromet, since then I have had no problems what so ever with my NEX 7's
I therefore can not understand all this uproar

There are those of us that like to use the in-camera HDR, but also like to shoot in RAW or RAW+JPG, and don't like having to disable RAW before being able to shoot HDR. That's not necessary for things like single-color highligting or panoramic, so why is it necessary for HDR?

There are those of us that would like to be able to shoot long exposure HDR on a tripod, but can't use a remote for that, since HDR, like remote release, is a drive mode.

There are those of us that would like to do Photomatix or other external, multi-frame, HDR, which requires several shots at different exposures. AEB would be great for that, if it weren't limited to only + - .7EV. Other cameras, including other Sony camera, and even the NEX HDR mode, can do wider spreads in exposure, so why is AEB so restricted?

The fact that the upper button is labeled as a soft button in the user's manual, but it cannot be reassigned, is either a bug in the firmware, or a mistake in the manual. Being able to reassign this for focus assist would be useful for those of us that shoot a lot of legacy glass.

There are a lot more things that could be done to improve the camera for those of us that use certain features.

I don't shoot video, but I can understand and empathize with the folks that do who would like more options for Auto-ISO in video mode.

-- hide signature --

Nex-7 with kit lenses, Contax G 35, and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow