Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hpeter
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Got my a57 today. First impressions
Sep 27, 2012

Well, I was reluctant to pull the trigger after using the A700 for 3 years (and other pro-sumer oriented cameras before that). But I ordered it on Monday and I got it today.

I played with the thing for about 10 minutes and this is what I have to say:

If you are debating to get it, DO IT NOW AND DON'T EVER LOOK BACK.

This thing is the most fun! I'm sure the A77 and the A99 is even more fun, but never having touched any one of those, I'm only comparing it to past models, and don't regret the purchase for a second!

I don't know who has what problem with the EVF, but it's a beautiful thing. It's smooth and clean and shows you parameter changes on the fly before you take the picture. As for low light, don't know yet, but indoors with some light-bulbs only, there is absolutely no problems. If it gets darker in a room, you have to turn up the lights for any camera before you can start taking pictures or find your subjects

The shutter is quiet and that's a big plus for me compared to the A700.

I haven't tried the 10fps on moving subject yet, so I can't say anything about the so called "slide-show" effect others mention here and there, but my main subject of photography is not sports or other type of fast subject.

There is a lot of gimmicks to try out on this camera, so there is a lot more to explore.

But one thing is for sure. Only after ten minutes, I already know I made the right decision.

GOLD AWARD Now I know why

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow