What separates awful photoshop jobs from good ones?

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,656
Like?
Re: What separates awful photoshop jobs from good ones?
In reply to TotalNeophyte, Sep 27, 2012

You almost answer your own question. Good photoshopping looks like you have done nothing at all. Get the light right and the perspective. Match up the contrasts and colour infiltration well. Make the subject belong in the scene and you are on your way. Ignore any environmental factor and it will look fake. Try to cheat the eye and force it to believe the unbelievable and you will lose the fight. Mind you people expect less from movie posters.

TotalNeophyte wrote:

It gnaws at my mind. What separated awful photoshop jobs (where they take a portrait of a person and add a different background) from movie posters and other professional images?

Once you look at them, there is no doubt which one is incredible and which one is shiite. The good ones almost look like the people were in front of that fake background.

What separates them?

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow