Just perception or real re quality, Canon vs Nikon

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
DigVis
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: There is a real difference
In reply to qianp2k, Sep 27, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

Every vendor has its own unique processing, never the same. The notion that you can easily move the sliding bars in LR to adjust colors and skin tone to your favorable look are not true. Canon skin tone more towards to magenta while Nikon more towards to orange/yellow. It's not that easy as many thought to adjust to the same look.

The easiest way to get accurate colors with either system is to use a color reference card, such as the QPcard or the ColorChecker. You can then easily generate an optimal camera color profile that matches the reference colors (including white balance) as well as possible for the current scene illumination. Ideally, the reference colors should include skin tone or close to skin tone samples.

I prefer Canon skin tone that just look more pleasing to my eyes. I have no problem for those prefer Nikon colors and skin tone.

These differences are just in the default camera jpeg color profile. You should not rely on those if you care about color.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PPNew
HereNew
AFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow